Africa Mobile Money Industry Outlook to 2019 – Growth Led By Governmental Support and Mobile Network Operators” provides an in-depth analysis of the Mobile Money Industry. The report covers specific insights on the market size in terms of global and Africa mobile money market value, region and product wise segmentation, value chain analysis, business models, recent trends and developments and future outlook of the mobile money Industry at the global and regional level. The report also entails a detailed description of the prominent and emerging geographic markets of the region including Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda and others.
Mobile money has been responsible for bringing about a significant transformation in the conduct of financial activities by banked and previously unbanked people in the emerging markets. These services play a pivotal role in broadening the reach of formal financial services to the unbanked and financially underserved population in emerging economies.
The mobile money industry across the world has been continuously growing and expanding across various regions. The traction of the market is more aptly visible in the developing third world countries as compared to developed countries such as the US. For example, Africa accounted for nearly ~% of the world’s active mobile money customers in 2013. Africa has been one of the early adopters of the mobile money in the world with the value of transactions growing at a CAGR of ~% over the period of 2009-2014.
With nearly ~% of the m-payment transactions originating in East-Africa, this region leads the African market of m-payments. The success story of the Africa mobile payments industry is best exemplified by M-PESA. At the end of 2013, M-PESA was evaluated to have over ~ million subscribers with ~ million active customers. M-PESA is primarily used for sending, withdrawing and depositing cash, which noted more than USD ~billion worth of person-to-person transactions in 2013, with average monthly transactions of USD ~ billion. The service has extensive reach and emerged as more preferable service over its competitors owing to the services such as M-Shwari, M-Kesho and others which aim at providing loans and other micro-credit services.
The African mobile payments industry is largely based on the mobile money services offered by a number of mobile network providers which may or may not work in partnership with banks, differing upon the regulations laid down by concerned authority in respective countries. The mobile payments landscape in Africa is highly fragmented with key players such as Orange, MTN, Vodafone and others operating region-wide.
The mobile payments and m-wallet industry in Africa is expected to grow by leaps and bounds over the period of next five years (2015-2019). Growing customer awareness, increasing mobile and smartphone penetration, expanding reach of market players across nations, increasing government support towards financial inclusion are some of the factors which will propel the market growth in the coming years. The mobile transactions in Africa are expected to incline to USD ~ billion by the end of 2019, owing to the above mentioned factors.
Key Topics Covered in the Report
- The market size of the Global Mobile Money Market by Transaction Value
- Global Market Segmentation by Geographies covering Asia Pacific, Africa, North America,
- The market size of the Africa Mobile Money Payment Market by transaction value
- Market Segmentation of Africa mobile money market by source of funding, region and purpose of payments
- Market Size of Kenya Mobile Money Industry by Volume, Value and number of Customers and Agents
- Competitive Landscape and Market Shares of major companies in Kenya
- Market Size of Tanzania Mobile Money Industry by Volume and Value of Mobile Financial Services and Mobile Banking
- Competitive Landscape and Market Shares of Major Players in Tanzania Mobile Money Industry
- Market Size of Uganda Mobile Money Industry by Volume and Value of Mobile Payments
- Competitive Landscape of Major Players in Uganda Mobile Money Industry
- Consumer Profile of Mobile Money Users in Uganda
- Market Size of Nigeria Mobile Money Industry by Volume and Value of Mobile Payments
- Competitive Landscape of Major Players in Nigeria Mobile Money Industry
- Overview of Mobile Money Industries in East, West, South, Central and North African region
- Trends and Developments, Business models and Value Chain Analysis
- Competitive Landscape of overall African Mobile Money Industry
- Future Outlook and Projections of Africa and Global Mobile Money Industry